Property Insurance for Small Business and Nonprofit Organizations •PDF• •Print• •E-mail•


Property insurance (sometimes referred to as “fire” or “casualty” insurance) is intended to protect your business’ physical assets:

  • Buildings and other structures (Leased or owned)
  • Furniture, equipment, supplies
  • Leased equipment
  • Inventory
  • Money and Securities
  • Accounts Receivable
  • Date Processing/Computers
  • Tenant Improvements
  • Machinery/Boilers
  • Valuable Papers, Books, Documents
  • Mobile Equipment (Forklifts, ATV’s, Bobcats, etc.)
  • Signs, fences, unattached outdoor property


Property Insurance often includes “Business Income/Interruption/Extra Expense” coverage.  This insurance is often overlooked but critical to the survival of your business in the event of a fire, explosion, or other covered loss.  It will generally pay:

  • The loss of profit that would have been earned
  • Relocation expenses
  • The cost of leasing temporary facilities to operate the business
  • Expenses that continue while business is impaired (salaries, debt payments, taxes, etc.)


Dufour Insurance Services will consult with you to make sure that adequate property and business income/business interruption limits are offered, to make you whole in the event of a loss.

To assist you in gathering the information on your properties please download the forms below:

Statement of Values Template

Equipment Schedule